The Kamloops Chamber is hard at work for business, click the links below to learn more about the Chamber, our members, and our initiatives.
Do you have a news story or information to share about one of our members? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can celebrate that member!
News Release: 27/10/2019 | 33rd Annual Business Excellence Award Winners Announced
For Release 11PM PT
October 26, 2019
MNP and Kamloops Chamber celebrate top businesses of 2019
Kamloops, B.C. With a crowd of 400 at the Coast Kamloops Conference Centre on Saturday, October 26, the Kamloops Chamber of Commerce and MNP presented 17 awards to the winners of the 2019 Business Excellence Awards.
This year marks the 33rd consecutive year that the Chamber has held this event for the Kamloops business community.
- Nominations were received from all over the Kamloops community
- The selection process:
- An independent committee individually scores each nominee and MNP tabulates the scores to announce the three finalists (or four if there is a tie) in each award category.
- The committee conducts personal interviews with each of the award finalists to determine the award recipients.
- Winners for 16 of the awards were determined by the selection committee, comprised of over 30 community leaders.
- The Business of the Year was chosen from the winners of the other award categories.
Joshua Knaak, President of the board of directors for the Kamloops Chamber of Commerce:
“On behalf of our board, congratulations to each of the finalists and winners in this year’s Business Excellence Awards. Thank you for the work you do to making our community better!”
James Foucault, Partner, Private Enterprise, MNP, Accounting, Consulting, Tax “MNP is proud to celebrate our inaugural year in partnership with the Kamloops Chamber of Commerce hosting the Business Excellence Awards. We congratulate the 2019 award winners on their well deserved recognition for their commitment and dedication to their business and serving our community.”
This year’s award recipients:
- City of Kamloops Community Service Award – Abbott Wealth Management Inc.
- Rocky Mountaineer Environmental Stewardship Award – Kamloops Food Bank
- Open Door Group Inclusive Workplace Award – Red Beard Café
- BDC Manufacturer Award – Top 40 Woodworks Ltd.
- Domtar Resource Industry Award – Munden Venture Ltd.
- Aberdeen Mall Retailer 1-10 Staff Award – Portfolio Interiors
- Valley First A Division of First West Credit Union Retailer 11+ Staff Award – Save on Foods – Sahali
- Fit Financial Service Provider 1-10 Staff Award – TasteFull Excursions Inc.
- Kamloops Chamber of Commerce Service Provider 11+ Staff Award – Abbott Wealth Management Inc.
- BCLC Technology Innovator Award – Scorpion Technologies Ltd.
- Kamloops Chamber of Commerce Tourism and Hospitality Award – DiVine Tours
- River City Nissan Employer of the Year – Horizon Dental
- Kamloops Home Hardware Not-For-Profit of the Year – People in Motion
- TRU School of Business and Economics Young Entrepreneur of the Year – Mitchell Forgie, Red Beard Café
- Venture Kamloops Small Business of the Year – Horizon Dental
- Excel Personnel Business Person of the Year – Jack Mendes, Top 40 Woodworks Ltd.
- Community Futures Thompson Country Business of the Year – Abbott Wealth Management Inc.
MNP and the Kamloops Chamber congratulate all the winners and thank all our sponsors for making this event possible for our community.
Executive Director, Kamloops Chamber of Commerce