Here is your opportunity to become a part of a motivated, creative, forward thinking team with a proven history of delivering world class wealth management advice. Abbott Wealth Management is looking for an experienced Administrative Associate to assist our Advisors with managing client portfolios. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with our team to help our clients achieve their financial goals, dreams, and aspirations. They will work towards creating lifelong relationships with clients founded on peace of mind and implicit trust. If you are looking for a career that offers great income potential, flexibility and the opportunity for personal and professional growth, we encourage you to apply today. Our company has been an integral part of the Kamloops community for 25 years. We work hard to raise the bar of excellence regarding employee and community engagement and are recognized as leaders in the industry when it comes to our customer service practices. We take pride in developing exceptional wealth management strategies so that our clients can achieve prosperity in all areas of their lives. We believe that investing in our employees is the best way for us to provide an exceptional client experience. By supporting the educational and professional goals of our employees, we have built a knowledgeable and passionate team driven to innovate and evolve the financial industry. Requirements: Undergraduate degree or higher in a related field Customer service experience Administrative office experience Comfortable in a technology dependent environment Willingness to continue education Strong ability to prioritize tasks Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ensure security, integrity, and confidentiality of data.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communication, presentations, and other documents
- Design and maintain databases.
- Record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Liaise with internal staff.
- Assist in planning company events.
- Coordinate project-based work.
- Review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary.
- Conduct general clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing and mailing.
- Maintain an electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Adhere to office process checklists.
- Handle requests for information and data.
- Process client requests.
- Prepare and brief Advisors on upcoming appointments.
- Participate in client appointments, take notes, and provide summaries.
- Set up investment accounts, initiate transfers, initiate RIF/LIF conversions.
- Process investment contributions/redemptions.
- Conduct trades and fund switches.
- Maintain ongoing communication with clients (verbal and written)
- Process new and maturing GICs.
- Deposit cheques.
- Stay informed on emerging issues, evolving regulations and industry codes of conduct.
- Help to build a positive and diverse work environment.
- Assist and mentor others in the completion of work activities, and address communication issues efficiently.
- Consistently maintain a high quality of customer service.
- Treats others in a supportive, respectful, and all-inclusive manner.
- Solves and approaches difficult situations in a solutions-oriented manner.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the team.
- Exhibits flexibility – takes alternative perspectives into consideration.
- Seeks opportunities to exceed expectations.
- A minimum of 1-year experience in the financial services industry is an asset.
- Shares information, knowledge and experience.
- Comes prepared to all staff events/meetings and actively participates.
- Communicates solutions in a constructive manner.
- Demonstrates reliability.
- Demonstrates resilience and sees failure as an opportunity to learn and adapt.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic.
- Knows when to delegate tasks and ask for help.
- Independently motivated.
- Proficient in computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software.
- Paid educational opportunities (conferences, workshops, courses)
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Long term disability coverage.
- Critical illness insurance.
- Administrative Support: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Kamloops, BC (Required)
- English (Required)