COVID-19 Resources for Business
The Kamloops Chamber of Commerce has activated this resource page to help all businesses prepare and overcome COVID-19 that will be updated regularly. You can view Canada's COVID-19 Economic Response Plan here.
We will continue to update this resource list as more resources come online. Please check back regularly. This page was last updated at 10:00 AM on May 20, 2020
How can you receive communications from us?
Temporary Layoff Variance Application Resources - TIME SENSITIVE
- Join our Free Webinar Event on Monday, 17th Aug 2020 for more details here
- Overview - The Government of British Columbia
- Online Application Apply for the Temporary Layoff Variance
- PDF Form for Email Application
- Variance Consent Form for Employees
- Template for Communication with Employees
- Employee Information Tracking Template
Stay up to Date with Relevant Information and Participate in our Advocacy Survey's
- No live survey (check back soon)
- Kamloops Business Weekly Briefing – receive up to date information about need-to-know updates regarding the business community directly to your inbox
- #YKAstrong – #ykastrong is a combined strategy from 8 Kamloops business community leaders working together to produce a streamlined communication and engagement strategy addressing COVID-19 and the effects on business in Kamloops.
What information is available for BC's Restart plan Phase 2 and beyond?
- BC's Restart Plan - The Government of British Columbia
- WorkSafeBC: Workplace Health & Safety and COVID-19
- WorkSafeBC: industry associations that represent various industries and trades in BC, and who partner with WorkSafeBC. This list can be provided to your members and anyone else who is looking for PPE information
- Kamloops Chamber virtual meetup videos on YouTube - check out and subscribe to our channel
- Deloitte: Predicting the Post-Pandemic Rebound
- COVID-19 CECRA for Small Business - information regarding commercial tenant rent relief
How is the Chamber network advocating for my business?
- Assessing The Canadian Chamber’s Policy Impact (Canadian Chamber of Commerce)
- Resources and Updates Directly from Mrs. Cathy McLeod, M.P. for Kamloops—Thompson—Cariboo, House of Commons (Updated: April 8, 2020)
Where can I find the most up to date information on how to access capital & income support during COVID-19?
Our team at the BC Chamber of Commerce has compiled the relevant information you need to access capital and keep your business going during COVID-19, including:
- How to Gain Access to Capital
- Wage and Income Support
- BC Provincial Program Updates and Information
- Chamber Business Support Cheat Sheet
Who can I talk to in Kamloops to discuss my business needs?
Schedule a virtual coffee or phone call with a member of our team. Not sure who to connect with? Find our support specialists here.
- Community Futures - Thompson Country - Offering assistance with filling out loans and grant applications during COVID-19
- Venture Kamloops - Resources and support for the business community
- CFCN of CIDC - Business Development Support for Indigenous People Living in Central BC
- MNP - In an effort to support business owners across Canada, has launched a COVID-19 Business Advice Centre.
- Canadian Home Builders Association - Central Interior - Best practices and how-to operate during COVID-19
What can I do to support business in Kamloops?
- How to Engage with #YKAstrong? One-page Guide
- Nominate a Kamloops Business for a Business Excellence Award (Nomination Period Closes on May 31 @ 11:59 PM PST)
- Use #YKAstrong to show solidarity and support for our business community on your social media accounts. Follow the Kamloops Chamber on LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Participate and follow the Caremongering – Kamloops Facebook Group to support our friends and neighbors who need a little extra assistance.
- CALL TO ACTION: Canada Manufacturers Needed to Combat COVID-19.
What online resources are available for professional development?
- Small Business BC Digital Meetups
- LinkedIn Learning - PRO TIP: Did you know you can get free access to LinkedIn Learning courses with a TNRD Library Card
What mental health resources are available?
- Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) – best practices and support systems to cope with mental health in the community
- COVID-19 Stop the Spread of Germs - PDF | JPEG
- COVID-19 Symptoms of Coronavirus Disease - PDF | JPEG
- Reduce the Spread of COVID-19. Wash Your Hands. - PDF | JPEG
- Help Prevent the Spread - PDF | JPEG