Have a Business Champion in Your Corner for as little as $0.85/Day
Membership should be more than an annual report and monthly newsletter. Membership is more with the Kamloops Chamber of Commerce. From pandemic-related guidelines to parking lot by-laws to political lobbying, the Kamloops Chamber of Commerce is here to champion all aspects of your business.
This article will explain the role, benefits, and reasons to join your local Chamber of Commerce.
What is a Chamber of Commerce?
A Chamber of Commerce is a local business network that advocates to further business development in a city. It’s imperative that your sector is represented at the government level and Chambers of Commerce do this year-round by endorsing amendments to by-laws; sharing member issues with government representatives, and much more.
Why the Kamloops Chamber of Commerce Exists
The Kamloops Chamber of Commerce has over 650 active members that connects, supports, and advocates on behalf of Kamloops’ business community.
Our advocacy efforts in 2020 included:
- Preparing the 2020 Business Walks report to understand issues affecting the local business community
- Passing a federal tax policy resolution to address housing affordability and availability at the 2020 Canadian Chamber Convention
- Sending Pulse Check reports to government representatives including MP Cathy McLeod, and MLAs Todd Stone and Peter Milobar, respectively.
What the Kamloops Chamber of Commerce Team Does
A membership to the Kamloops Chamber of Commerce is more than an annual fee. It includes our team working full-time on projects such as:
- Drafting letters of support for major infrastructure projects like the Tranquille Road utility upgrade project
- Attending provincial and federal-level conferences to champion for investment in the B.C Interior
- Sharing reports - and red tape concerns - with government representatives
- Hosting workshops in health & safety, human resources, and marketing to ensure your business remains competitive
- Celebrating our incredible network at the annual Kamloops Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards presented by MNP
- Attracting in-demand workers and diverse industries to invest in Kamloops
Additional benefits to your membership membership benefits include discounts on fuel, accommodation, Purolator services, Staples services, and more.
Your membership means that Kamloops’ business network has a voice at municipal, provincial, and federal levels of government.
Your membership will open up networking opportunities and break down barriers that you may have faced starting up, or scaling up, in the city.
Your membership is valuable and paramount to business continuity, regardless of industry or employee size.
Want to learn more about how we can help you and your business? Set up a meeting with a member of our team.